It feels dry, it must be dry skin, right? No.
Dry vs Dehydrated skin
Basically, dry skin is a skin type that lacks sebum (oil), and dehydrated skin is a skin condition that lacks water. While dry skin and dehydrated skin are two different things, one may experience both dry and dehydrated skin. Here’s a simple yet conducive diagram:
If your skin is dry, you’re lacking oil. It’s a natural skin type you’re born with and you’re probably dry on your body too, i.e. hands, scalp, legs. If your skin is dehydrated, it lacks water. This skin condition may simultaneously be experienced by anyone and can be caused by several factors, including your diet, incorrect skincare, cosmetics, weather etc.
This also means dehydrated skin will be much easier and faster to treat, while dry skin requires patience.
Recommended products & lifestyle
- Avoid harsh cleansers
- Choose skin care products that are rich in moisture and oil
- Pick skin care products with these ingredients: Olive oil, Sunflower oil, Coconut oil, Shea butter, Mineral oil, Beeswax
- Choose skin care products rich in water
- Pick skin care products with these ingredients: Hyaluronic acid, Sodium hyaluronate, Aloe vera, Glycolic acid, Honey
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
If you enjoyed this article, follow us on Instagram for more more #renazatips!
Got a question? Let us know in the comment box below!